I don’t know how to start this post, so here it goes. I am going to make a list of the things I like and dislike about Winter so this way maybe someone out there will say, “Me too.” Misery does love company.
Things I like about Winter:
- Shoveling snow, but only if I do it within 5 hours after it has stopped snowing. I actually enjoy it.
- Clothing – I like to wear a coat, scarf, gloves, etc.
Things I dislike about Winter:
- I cannot go for a walk with Alex for too long specially when the roads/sidewalks are icy
- I have to wear layer after layer of clothing to keep myself warm. Alex doesn’t like to wear sweaters except for one, so I think is safe to say that Alex shares this dislike with me
- My hands hurt the colder the weather gets and I hate it
- I cannot take a shower and then go out. Why? Every time I do that I get a cold. No, really. I really do get a cold
- In cold weather, there are more accidents due to icy roads
Do you know what is the best part about having a canine companion? In my case, Alex makes me see things in a different way. Look at her. Asleep, close to the vent of course, with no care in the world. Alex makes the best out of any situation and time of the year. What a great teacher she is, don’t you think? Well, I will stop my complaining and follow Alex’s lead and enjoy the day even though as I look out my window I see nothing but more snow. I know, I know. I was still able to complain one more time. What can I say? I am human after all.
10 Comments Add yours
Yes, this winter has been crazy! I haven’t been motivated to leave my home since the snow started, so I can understand how even having a dog might be enough to make you face the cold. Great post!- Lisa (https://wintertipsforeveryone.wordpress.com/)
The one thing that I really hate about snow is when it gets dirty. Then it’s ugly.
Ok., that should have been another item on my list of why I don’t like Winter:-)
Yeah, I’m kind of over the whole snowmageddon thing this year! Stay warm and know that misery DOES love company–at least it’s nice to know you’re not alone. 🙂
Yes, it’s nice to know I am not alone:-) Thanks
I cannot imagine what that kind of cold feels like – I don’t think I’ll survive in your part of the world. I hope you have better weather soon!
it’s sometimes not easy to live in the moment like a dog…. specially in winter :o) but I try to do my best lol