Abby, “I love taking car rides with my moms!”
Lately watching the news is scary and depressing-to say the least-but then I take a look at Abby finding happiness in simple things such as: walking, taking a ride in the car, eating, etc., and all I feel is a great sense of gratitude.
Abby, “I smell food. Mom, do you smell it too?”
Dogs are great teachers, and for me they are an integral part of my life. They make me take a look at what really matters and not worry about things that are out of my control. What does your dog bring to your life?
Posted in Crofton, MD, Dog Equipment, dog trainer, Dogs, Outings, Training, Walking
Tagged behavior modification, Crofton, MD, daycare, dog backpack, dog sweater, retractable leash
Abby, “Mom, did you put some cookies in my back pack?”
Abby is a working dog, and if you ask her she’ll probably tell you that she needs a raise in the form of more cookies and human food. One of Abby’s task is to carry her own gear. Yes, people, there were a few cookies in that backpack.
Walking with my pack. Prince, yours truly, Champagne, and Abby. (L to R)
Abby also helps me walk dogs. The funny thing about it is that she gets a little confused when the weekend comes around because that’s when we are off. Yes, she is a hard working girl! In order to fulfill your dog’s needs give her a job, she’ll thank you for it.
Posted in Dog Equipment, dog trainer, Dogs, Nutrition, Outings, Training, Walking
Tagged balanced dog, Beabull, dog backpack, Dog Daycare, dog sweater, Pack Walk, Stoughton MA
I don’t know how to start this post, so here it goes. I am going to make a list of the things I like and dislike about Winter so this way maybe someone out there will say, “Me too.” Misery does love company.
Things I like about Winter:
- Shoveling snow, but only if I do it within 5 hours after it has stopped snowing. I actually enjoy it.
- Clothing – I like to wear a coat, scarf, gloves, etc.
Things I dislike about Winter:
- I cannot go for a walk with Alex for too long specially when the roads/sidewalks are icy
- I have to wear layer after layer of clothing to keep myself warm. Alex doesn’t like to wear sweaters except for one, so I think is safe to say that Alex shares this dislike with me
- My hands hurt the colder the weather gets and I hate it
- I cannot take a shower and then go out. Why? Every time I do that I get a cold. No, really. I really do get a cold
- In cold weather, there are more accidents due to icy roads
Do you know what is the best part about having a canine companion? In my case, Alex makes me see things in a different way. Look at her. Asleep, close to the vent of course, with no care in the world. Alex makes the best out of any situation and time of the year. What a great teacher she is, don’t you think? Well, I will stop my complaining and follow Alex’s lead and enjoy the day even though as I look out my window I see nothing but more snow. I know, I know. I was still able to complain one more time. What can I say? I am human after all.