The above cutie pie is Roxie, a Yorkshire Terrier often shortened as Yorkie, who is vacationing with us so I decided to highlight a few of her breed’s traits:
- A Yorkie’s coat is said to be hypoallergenic
- Very protective, active, and loving attention makes a Yorkie a great companion for an adult person
- This breed is better suited for families with children over 10 years old
- Excellent as a guard dog, yes you read it correctly, because they bark a lot
- Separation anxiety is common because they were bred to be companion dogs
As days go by, we’ll see about the traits I mentioned in Roxie. Enjoy your weekend!