I love to walk, that is no surprise to those who know me, but when the weather gets really cold I keep in mind, and you should too, the following:
- Puppies and senior dogs should take short walks
- If your dog is shivering, doesn’t want to leave the house, etc., this is a clue for you Not to take him for a walk. Yes, you heard me right
- Short-haired dogs like Abby need a sweater and/or jacket when outdoors
- Always check your dog’s pads and nails
- In extreme cold weather, take your dog to do his business and bring him right back
Once you are back home with your dog, remember to provide him with a comfortable warm bed, and a sweater. Abby always wears a sweater when we are home otherwise I’d have to take her out to pee once every 2 hours!