This is the first Thanksgiving without our Alex and you know what’s funny? What I remember are the little funny things she used to do such as “helping” Cynthia put away the turkey. Why did she do that? Because Cynthia would feed her some turkey while she was putting away our leftovers. To be quite honest, I am not that big on turkey, but Cynthia and I liked to get it because we knew that the one that was going to get the most enjoyment out of it was Alex. Yes, Abby got some turkey too.
I love the above picture because Cynthia was squeezing the living days out of both of us and you know what? That made me happy. These are just a few things I am grateful for:
- Cynthia, my spouse, and our new furry kid Abby
- The fact that we are all together, a little sad because Alex is not with us, but happy for all the 13 amazing years we had with her
- Being healthy and embarking on a brand new adventure here in MA
- Our loved ones that although geographically far away always present in our hearts and mind
- Living in a country where there are so many opportunities to study and work
- Waking up in the morning and knowing that I am home. And that although I may want many things, I have everything that makes me happy
Happy Thanksgiving 2015 to all of you and your family.
4 Comments Add yours
happy thanksgiving, this is the first thanksgiving without my pawsisters, it is different with out the added chaos, Momwithoutpaws really misses them, I have my Pawsister here for the weekend then she goes back with my pawlessbrother
Happy thanksgiving to you too:-) Our loved ones are always in our hearts and mind.