Cynthia, my girlfriend, has told me a few times that I rarely ever post a photo of myself so I decided to do it this time without complaining.
This week we got some snow here in Maryland so I took Alex out so she can stretch her legs and do her business. It was a beautiful day, and this coming from me is just not possible, but I actually said it and was surprised when I uttered the words. I have always loved a tropical climate, but for the last couple of years I am actually enjoying winter.
As we were passing by some trees, some snow blew our way. Can you see Alex’s little ears? They look adorable.
When it gets pretty cold, I make Alex wear 2 sweaters. If you decide to walk your dog, please remember the following things:
- Keep your dog’s fur between her toes trimmed. By doing so, her feet will attract less ice.
- Limit the time your dog is outdoors. If she is shivering, and looking at you with pleading eyes, this is your clue for you to take her inside right away.
- Make her wear at least 1 sweater. Dogs like Alex have very short hair and really need to wear at least 1 sweater.
- Before venturing outside, apply Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to her pads. Make sure to wipe off and inspect her paws after the walk to remove any debris and check for any cracks.
- It is time-consuming to apply and remove Petroleum Jelly so the alternative is to buy your dog some boots.