Yes, you should walk your dog every day. I know, I know, many times we are not in the mood, we don’t have enough time, or we are too tired. These are all good excuses, but you and your dog can greatly benefit from a walk. For your canine companion and you the benefits of walking are:
- Bonding time for you and your dog
- A great way to keep those pounds off, yes for you and your dog
- A chance to socialize with other pet parents and their canine kids
- To drain excess energy that can lead to unwanted behavior
- Explore new neighborhoods
These are just some of the benefits a walk offers. Now, if the weather is bad, raining or snowing, I’d say forgo the walk because it could be dangerous, but for those pet parents that still do it, rain or shine, I’d say keep it up, but be careful.
Now, let me come clean and say that today, brace yourself, I did not walk in the evening because I was feeling terrible, but whenever that happens, I make up for it by walking the next time, in this case tomorrow morning, longer than usual. There! I am just as flawed as any other pet parent:)