I love to walk, that is no surprise to those who know me, but when the weather gets really cold I keep in mind, and you should too, the following:
- Puppies and senior dogs should take short walks
- If your dog is shivering, doesn’t want to leave the house, etc., this is a clue for you Not to take him for a walk. Yes, you heard me right
- Short-haired dogs like Abby need a sweater and/or jacket when outdoors
- Always check your dog’s pads and nails
- In extreme cold weather, take your dog to do his business and bring him right back
Once you are back home with your dog, remember to provide him with a comfortable warm bed, and a sweater. Abby always wears a sweater when we are home otherwise I’d have to take her out to pee once every 2 hours!
Posted in Breeds, Dog Equipment, dog trainer, Dogs, Outings, senior dogs, Walking
Tagged anxious, backpack, Dog, dog bed, family member, french bulldogs, Winter
Alex, “Moms, this feels good!”
When a dog gets sufficient mental and physical stimulation, she will be well behaved and balanced. The majority of the “issues” pet parents encounter with their canine companions is due to a lack or inappropriate amount of mental and physical activity.
There are many ways to exercise your dog, these are just some suggestions: running, walking, swimming, kayaking, etc. However you decide to exercise and stimulate your dog with, please start slowly. How do you exercise/stimulate your dog?
Posted in ACL Injury, Breeds, Dog Equipment, Dogs, foster dogs, Nutrition, Outings, senior dogs, Training, Walking
Tagged dog collars, Gentle Leader, Halti, leashes, ma, Pit bulls, Stoughton