Do You Paddle With Your Dog?

on

Alex, "Mom, do you need help?  You are taking too long.  Please hurry up."
Alex, “Mom, do you need help? You are taking too long. Please hurry up.”

We try to include our canine companion, Alex, in as many activities as possible in order for her to enjoy herself, spend time with us, and be a balanced dog.  While in Maryland, we went kayaking in Annapolis and we really enjoyed ourselves.  Before I forget, make sure your dog is wearing a life jacket.

Alex, "Mom, I am really tired.  What's for dinner?"
Alex, “Mom, I am really tired. What’s for dinner?”

The above picture was taken after we finished kayaking and Alex was falling asleep.  She looked so tired that you would have thought that Alex was the one doing all the paddling.  No ladies and gentlemen, I was the one paddling with a cute cargo, Alex, of 45lbs.  She did better than any other time.  I was glad because that day the water was choppy and a little windy so we got wet when a couple of waves hit us head on.  Not to worry, the waves were very small.

Alex, "Will I get treats for posing?"
Alex, “Will I get treats for posing?”

Kayaking with Alex is always fun, and if we are ever back in Maryland we’ll make sure to kayak early in the morning or late afternoon in order to avoid excessive heat.  Have a great weekend!

17 Comments Add yours

1. smorezteo says:

I just got into kayaking! I can’t wait to take my dog out with me on the waters! 😁

1. Marcela says:

You are going to have a blast, but make sure that your dog is also wearing a life vest. Have fun:-)

1. smorezteo says:

No I just started paddling myself so I want to get the hang of it first before bringing my dog out too

2. smorezteo says:

I read your last post wrong.. Not used to using the app for WordPress … But thank you!!! 😂😁

2. Abi in Japan says:

Aww I love your posts about your doggies ! I’m travelling too much to own a dog at the moment but eventually I would love a k9 companion!

1. Marcela says:

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your travels. I traveled a lot before getting my first dog and I don’t regret it.

3. I would like to paddle with Easy… but I’m afraid we had to send SOS immediately :o)

1. Marcela says:

Lol. Why? Tell me, I am curious. Alex moves a little bit once she is in the kayak, but I realized that the more we do it, the better she gets at it.

1. Easy would be the same as the iceberg for the titanic… he hates water and he would act like the drunken sailor – literally :o)

2. Marcela says:

Lol. Maybe you can find something else, that does not involve water, so you and and your furry kid can do and enjoy together:-)

3. a canoe with pedals instead paddles :o) LOL

4. Genis LeyNel says:

Nope! I’ll swim any day, but kayaking with Mom driving the paddle – I don;t think so. We’ll end up in China, her sense of direction is so underdeveloped.

1. Marcela says:

Lol. Omg, you are too funny. I have a horrible sense of direction, but you know what? So far I’ve never had any incident that would deter me from kayaking with Alex.

5. I only wish Sam enjoyed the water. He will sidestep a puddle on the sidewalk. It would be so fun to be able to do what you guys did. Have a great weekend!

1. Marcela says:

Lol. Some dogs are very much like your Sam:-)

6. edjessie says: