Abby, “Moms, I am loving all this snow!”
We got our first snow storm this past Sunday, and when Abby went out and saw all that snow, do you know what I think she was thinking, “Yay! Play time!” Do you know what I was thinking? “Oh boy, time to shovel all that snow. Again!”
Abby, “I am exhausted!”
Yes, Abby took a nice long nap after playing outside. She certainly has a hard life! Before I forget, she also watched the game, Patriots vs. Chiefs, and we all were glad to see the Pats win! Waiting anxiously to see the Patriots play in Super Bowl LIII. Go Pats!
Posted in Breeds, Dog Equipment, dog trainer, Dogs, Outings, Training
Tagged dog bed, dog behavior, happy, hyperactive dog, Patriots, temperament, Working Dog
I’ve been asked many times by pet parents, “What can I do to drain some of my dog’s energy?” One of the things, there are a few, that I recommend to use is a dog backpack. Here are some of my reasons:
- A backpack will give your dog a job to do
- It will drain your dog’s energy faster than just walking
- It can hold treats, bags, water, etc. (Please don’t over load it)
- Your dog will look adorable
Before you go out and get a backpack, please remember the following:
- Ask your vet if your dog should wear a backpack. Senior, puppies, sick and dogs that are recuperating from an illness or surgery should Not wear one until your vet gives you her ok.
- Do not overload the backpack. Start with nothing in it and then add light objects.
- Make the walk shorter until your dog gets used to walking with a loaded backpack.
Abby, in my opinion, looks adorable, but then I am her mom. Does your dog wear a backpack?
Posted in ACL Injury, Breeds, Dog Equipment, Dogs, Outings
Tagged Beabull, dog backpack, dog behavior, Hiking, ma, Stoughton, walking, Working Dog