I’ve been asked many times by pet parents, “What can I do to drain some of my dog’s energy?” One of the things, there are a few, that I recommend to use is a dog backpack. Here are some of my reasons:
- A backpack will give your dog a job to do
- It will drain your dog’s energy faster than just walking
- It can hold treats, bags, water, etc. (Please don’t over load it)
- Your dog will look adorable
Before you go out and get a backpack, please remember the following:
- Ask your vet if your dog should wear a backpack. Senior, puppies, sick and dogs that are recuperating from an illness or surgery should Not wear one until your vet gives you her ok.
- Do not overload the backpack. Start with nothing in it and then add light objects.
- Make the walk shorter until your dog gets used to walking with a loaded backpack.
Abby, in my opinion, looks adorable, but then I am her mom. Does your dog wear a backpack?
Posted in ACL Injury, Breeds, Dog Equipment, Dogs, Outings
Tagged Beabull, dog backpack, dog behavior, Hiking, ma, Stoughton, walking, Working Dog
Abby, “Mom, tell me the truth. Are we lost?”
On Sunday, we went to Blue Hills Ski Area located in Canton, MA to do a little hiking and sightseeing but also to see how Abby would behave or in her case misbehave.
Picture courtesy of Cynthia, our own photographer:-)
We did a lot of walking, but the day was quite conducive to being outdoors, a bit cloudy with a nice breeze and with an amazing view.
Abby, “Mom, am I supposed to pose for this picture? Where’s my treat?”
We all enjoyed our outing, but I think Abby enjoyed it the most. She met a lot of people, dogs, and scents that would bring the Beagle out of her. How did she do? She did well. But, we still need to continue working on behavior. Before I forget, she tried to eat a french fry she found on the floor. I said she tried because I was able to get it out of her mouth before she ate it.
Abby, “Mom, let me kiss you.” Cynthia, “No!”
Abby is a handful, but she is a really nice puppy. Just like our Alex, Abby is friendly to all dogs and people. One thing surprised me though, Abby greeted all the humans she met along our hiking path with all paws on terra firma. Yay! As you can see, Abby is improving.
Posted in Breeds, Dog Equipment, dog trainer, Dogs, Humor, Outings, Training, Walking
Tagged Beabull, Beagle, Blue Hill, Bulldog, Canton, Hiking, Massachusetts, Recreation, Skiing