At the start of the year, I have a list of the things I’d like to accomplish for my furry kids and myself, and for 2023 the list looks like this:
- More exercise – I do my best to walk my furry kids twice a day, Mon thru Fri, but there are times when I fall short of this goal, so for 2023 I will make it a point to stick to a minimum of 2 walks, each at least 30 minutes. Unless it’s raining, in which case we’ll stay home. Yes, we will!
- Measure my dogs’ food….and mine as well – I rarely do not measure their food, but I’ve realized that when it comes to my food, measuring does not exit. Could you believe that?
- Improve my dogs behavior and training – Abby, for the most part, is where I’d like her to be. But this took me a long, long, long time. Charlie, on the other hand, is somewhere in the middle therefore I’ll need to be more diligent and work with both of them.
- Incorporate playtime – this could be fun for both, pet parent and dog, and you could use it as part of your behavior and training. How? Before you throw the ball, ask your dog to sit, once he/she does that, throw the ball. There!
- Try a new activity – I haven’t used my bike to run with Charlie so this is something I’d like to do this year.
- Visit new places – I am going to keep track of the places and businesses we visit during our walks and outings.
- Brush their teeth – I am pretty good at this, but I have to confess that the only day I don’t brush their teeth is Sunday. Why? It’s a mystery to me. Also, any day I fall asleep on the couch in the evening so when I noticed this, I ended up brushing their teeth right after they ate dinner. This year I will treat Sunday as any other day and brush their teeth.
- Schedule vet visits – both go to see the vet once a year. Abby will probably have to go twice in a couple of years when she gets a bit older.
Anyway, I think that that is a pretty good list for 2023. Every month I take a look at it as a reminder of what I need to do otherwise I’ll forget. Do you have any new year’s resolution for your and your canine companion? What suggestions do you have to add to my list? Have a great week!