I’ve been asked many times by pet parents, “What can I do to drain some of my dog’s energy?” One of the things, there are a few, that I recommend to use is a dog backpack. Here are some of my reasons:
- A backpack will give your dog a job to do
- It will drain your dog’s energy faster than just walking
- It can hold treats, bags, water, etc. (Please don’t over load it)
- Your dog will look adorable
Before you go out and get a backpack, please remember the following:
- Ask your vet if your dog should wear a backpack. Senior, puppies, sick and dogs that are recuperating from an illness or surgery should Not wear one until your vet gives you her ok.
- Do not overload the backpack. Start with nothing in it and then add light objects.
- Make the walk shorter until your dog gets used to walking with a loaded backpack.
Abby, in my opinion, looks adorable, but then I am her mom. Does your dog wear a backpack?